Inform your app users regularly, but don't let it get out of hand.
How often should I send a push notification?
There is no general rule about how often or how many push notifications you should send. You just shouldn't overdo it. Too little can mean that your app users are bored of you and in the worst case, deactivate push notifications or stop using your app at all. But if you send too many push notifications, your users can quickly get annoyed and also turn away from you. The right frequency is crucial and depends on several factors:
- Frequency of visits and use: how often do your users use the app or PWA?
- Type of use: what do your users look at in the App/PWA and which modules do they use most?
- Involvement of your users: How interested are your users in you and your company? Do you want to keep them up to date?
- Added value: what benefits does the push notification have for your users? The more meaningful your messages are, the more they will be perceived and not perceived as annoying or annoying.
- Type of message: what exactly do you send via push notification? Offers, information, news or facts? This shows that users are interested in variety. Nobody wants to be "spammed" with offers day in and day out. A healthy change of the above mentioned things is more promising.
In our experience, sending one push notification per week is a good approach. But as I said: depending on the target group and the desired goal, this number can also vary.